November (Thanksgiving)
Hi All,
I hope your thanksgivings went great! I know this time of year often begins the busy holiday season. I would say we are also plunging into this busy season. Unfortunately, at the beginning of the month we found out that the lady with the two children who we were hoping was going to start our program in November changed her mind. We are very saddened she made this decision but unfortunately this does happen many times with women coming out of this life. All of the people who have been walking with her for the last two years have been hit hard by this. We are praying and waiting to see what God will do next.
An exciting step has been taken this month by one of the ladies in the RGP. She has found housing on her own as she goes into step three of the program. We are still walking with her and it’s so much fun spending time with her but she is learning to live with more independence and this is beautiful.
During this month two extra english classes a week have been added with women in the RGP or who are working in the RGP. (We have a few Bulgarians working in the RGP who do not know much english.) This is fun but challenging.
In my own Bulgarian language lessons I have been working on learning medical names for physical issues. I will be helping with a medical trip this December where we will be going to some other cities in Bulgaria. A group from America is flying in on December 9th and the next week we will be traveling to a few cities visiting people who need check ups and doing education about medical issues along with helping with some physical therapy education.
My housemates and I put on the Sofia team Thanksgiving at our place. I enjoyed the cooking and preparing together. We had a lot of fun and a lot of food. (The pic on the left is the Thanksgiving at our place and the one on the right is the Thanksgiving we did for our English Club friends. We got to share many of our favorite American Thanksgiving dishes with our friends and we got to go around the table and talk about what we all were thankful for.)
Winter weather has started to settle in. We’ve had a good snow by now and things have gotten a bit icy. This makes walking everywhere a bit more fun, haha. But the white snow is always so beautiful.
My two lovely Housemates The Comunity of Faith Church plant
Prayer Requests:
I hope your thanksgivings went great! I know this time of year often begins the busy holiday season. I would say we are also plunging into this busy season. Unfortunately, at the beginning of the month we found out that the lady with the two children who we were hoping was going to start our program in November changed her mind. We are very saddened she made this decision but unfortunately this does happen many times with women coming out of this life. All of the people who have been walking with her for the last two years have been hit hard by this. We are praying and waiting to see what God will do next.
An exciting step has been taken this month by one of the ladies in the RGP. She has found housing on her own as she goes into step three of the program. We are still walking with her and it’s so much fun spending time with her but she is learning to live with more independence and this is beautiful.
During this month two extra english classes a week have been added with women in the RGP or who are working in the RGP. (We have a few Bulgarians working in the RGP who do not know much english.) This is fun but challenging.
In my own Bulgarian language lessons I have been working on learning medical names for physical issues. I will be helping with a medical trip this December where we will be going to some other cities in Bulgaria. A group from America is flying in on December 9th and the next week we will be traveling to a few cities visiting people who need check ups and doing education about medical issues along with helping with some physical therapy education.
My housemates and I put on the Sofia team Thanksgiving at our place. I enjoyed the cooking and preparing together. We had a lot of fun and a lot of food. (The pic on the left is the Thanksgiving at our place and the one on the right is the Thanksgiving we did for our English Club friends. We got to share many of our favorite American Thanksgiving dishes with our friends and we got to go around the table and talk about what we all were thankful for.)
Winter weather has started to settle in. We’ve had a good snow by now and things have gotten a bit icy. This makes walking everywhere a bit more fun, haha. But the white snow is always so beautiful.
My two lovely Housemates The Comunity of Faith Church plant
Prayer Requests:
- For people’s hearts here to desire God
- For God to provide more women who are wanting to leave prostitution
- That I will grow in understanding how to teach English well
- Continue to grow in understanding the Bulgarian language
- The medical trip December 9th-16th. (Safety for the team coming from the States as well.)
- For the lady who decided not to start our program and for her children, for safety and that she will officially decide to leave the life she has been caught in.
- The church plant here for direction, wisdom, and for people to come to know and love God
Comments
Post a Comment