September
Hi Everyone!
So sorry for a late post. Wish I had a good sounding reason but the only one would be “life.” This past month has been kind of a settling type of month. Where we get things organized and work on a routine of sorts for the different areas of ministry. I am weekly teaching classes in the RGP program which is fun and a challenge. Also, the english clubs have just started up again and this took a lot of planning from the team here. We are hoping and praying to see this part of the ministry grow in the next few weeks. One of the challenges of this past month, and this is even still going on, is that sickness has been working its way around the team. I have been sick for almost a month now, even though I am much better still dealing with a cough and sinus issues. A few more people on our team have just started to get sick.
I am continuing to build relationships here. Still working on learning the language by having two tutoring sessions a week, which is a fun challenge. My teacher is kind and I enjoy learning from her. Here are a few pics of what I’ve been up to this month or seen during the month here in Sofia. :)
One of the missionaries here had a friend visiting for a few days and some how in those few days he managed to break his ankle really badly. He ended up having surgery and I was able to put some of my nursing training to use by cleaning and rebandaging his ankle. It’s always interesting trying to find medical supplies in another country and trying to figure out what will work.
Prayer Requests:
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.“ Matt. 11:28
So sorry for a late post. Wish I had a good sounding reason but the only one would be “life.” This past month has been kind of a settling type of month. Where we get things organized and work on a routine of sorts for the different areas of ministry. I am weekly teaching classes in the RGP program which is fun and a challenge. Also, the english clubs have just started up again and this took a lot of planning from the team here. We are hoping and praying to see this part of the ministry grow in the next few weeks. One of the challenges of this past month, and this is even still going on, is that sickness has been working its way around the team. I have been sick for almost a month now, even though I am much better still dealing with a cough and sinus issues. A few more people on our team have just started to get sick.
I am continuing to build relationships here. Still working on learning the language by having two tutoring sessions a week, which is a fun challenge. My teacher is kind and I enjoy learning from her. Here are a few pics of what I’ve been up to this month or seen during the month here in Sofia. :)
One of the missionaries here had a friend visiting for a few days and some how in those few days he managed to break his ankle really badly. He ended up having surgery and I was able to put some of my nursing training to use by cleaning and rebandaging his ankle. It’s always interesting trying to find medical supplies in another country and trying to figure out what will work.
Here is the “clean” pic I took. (Don’t want to gross people out.)
The Nevski church here in Sofia.
One of the food items we made during my cooking class.
Prayer Requests:
- For my team here to be healed of sickness (including myself) and for us to have the strength we need in this busy season of ministry.
- For more people here to have a desire to learn English and for us to come in contact with them.
- New participant in our RGP program will be starting soon. Pray for her, her family and us as this transition takes place.
- The European Freedom Network has a week long conference coming up next week and most of the team working with DofB will be heading to Berlin next Sunday for this. Be praying for safety and good connections and ability to learn what we need to during this coming week.
- Prayer for our ministry leads Dal and Beth Stanton as they are traveling around the US for the next few months talking with churches and seeing family. (They have two new grandchildren who are going to be born while they are in the States!)
- For people here in Bulgaria (on our team and not) to experience the love of God in ways they never have.
- For me to get better at Bulgarian. :)
Comments
Post a Comment